Technical Sales Manager
Rotronic Instruments (UK) Ltd – Crawley RH10
Rotronic is a global supplier of high precision measurement instrumentation and services, we are a family owned company with headquarters based in Switzerland.
Rotronic UK is the wholly owned UK subsidiary of Rotronic covering operations in UK and Ireland. As well as Rotronic product sales we also have a UKAS accredited calibration laboratory and are involved with product development and production.
The successful applicant will be an integral part of the UK company with the following responsibilities;
• Maintain and expand existing accounts in defined geographic area (South)
• Interact with new and existing customers at a technical and managerial level
• Provide the highest possible level of customer service
• Development of new business from sales leads received
• Development of sales activities through existing database contacts.
• Meet or exceed agreed turnover targets
• Develop your technical expertise and personal skill base
Due to the highly diverse nature of the projects and customers; specific technical or sales focused experience is NOT essential. Instead we seek an individual that is willing to learn and deal with customers, present solutions and solve problems.
As a dynamic and growing company this position has the opportunity to develop in several directions.
• Development into a Area Sales Management role or lead to Sales roles internationally through Rotronic AG
• Development into a technical area, product or key account specialist
1. Job Title:
• Technical Sales Manager
• High standard of basic education
• Technical degree (Engineering, Science or IT for example)
3. Desirable experience:
• Project management
• Previously worked in a technical discipline
• Customer contact by telephone, email and face to face
4. Essential skills:
• Clear and confident manner with people
• Willingness to communicate face-to-face, telephone and email
• Smart presentation
• Business PC use, MS Office
• Willingness to travel within Southern UK
5. Desirable skills:
• Understanding of the Sales Process
• Intelligent, articulate and enthusiastic
• Team player
• Desire to succeed and excel
The Area Sales Manager role is the core role through which all activity within the business begins. For the South the individual being based local to Crawley area is ideal.
STARTING SALARY: £25K starting with a 6 month probation.
After this period OTE (On Target Earnings) will be approx. >£30K
- Including company car, mobile phone & laptop.
PENSION: 3 % after 6 months, 5 % after 12 months; plus optional private health care.
To Apply please email your CV to richardg(at)rotronic.co.uk